Actually, no one knew I was keeping this sort of things (well, if you’re reading, then you’re one of the lucky people I guess. HAHA :)). Yes, every year I make a list of my very own things to have and achieve.
I used to think of it as my set of goals for the whole year. I list things that I wanted to have (as impossible as it can be) or achieve. Sometimes, it also serves as my declaration of faith. I mean, there are a lot (and I meant A LOT) of things I write there that could make other people tell me I’M DREAMING. Well, yeah, I’m dreaming… but what the heck, I’ll list it anyway. I got nothing to lose.
So here goes. Last year (that was 2008), I listed 30 things and was able to get 10 things achieved. This time, I listed 19 things and was able to get five. HAHA! Instead of being upset for my inconsistency to achieve and have these things, I laugh at them. HAHAHA! It leaves me more things to achieve and have for 2010. So here are the things I acheved from my list last 2009:
- Have a sister’s day out! That includes Mom, Ate and I. I said “sisters” ’cause people thought of my Mom as just our sister. HEHE! I think we watched a movie during this day out 🙂
- Meet and Mingle with Mycah again. Mycah is my ever-beloved best friend. She is currently studying at Silliman University (sort of a UP in Mindanao) which makes us MILES APART. Last Summer, she was able to have a month-long vacation here in Manila which gave us an opportunity to catch up with each other 🙂 Oh, and she spent the Holidays here, too!
- Tithe P500. Of course I am always able to tithe weekly but I’ve never been capable to give P500 as offering. Finally, after our Annual Youth Camp, where the Camp Staff were priveledged to get back P1000 from our Camp fees, I tithed 50% of it without hesitation 🙂
- Celebrate the best debut. – And I surely did! It wasn’t with the most beautiful long gown though – no 18 candles, no 18 roses, etc. – but I did have 18 “Speeches” (they called it 18 Flowers, but I name them my way, hehe). My Mom and friends organized a surprise birthday celebration for me at home. It was totally a surprise. And even if I wanted to celebrate a grand traditional debutant party, I would never EVER trade the one I had for such. It was the greatest 18th Birthday of my life 🙂
- Own an MP3 Phone with 2Megapixels Camera. My mom gave it to me as my 18th Birthday present. I didn’t expect to have any more gifts from her since I am pretty sure she had already spent too much from my surprise debut celebration. After a week, we went home together from UE (she also works there at night) and she gave me my new Samsung Phone. It was completely MORE than I wanted and wished to have.
There, I got 5 of them come to pass. It’s still fulfilling for me to have achieved even just 5 out of the 19. All these five things came to me with their own share of heart strings. They weren’t just tangible things I received (or achieved) but God’s lessons lie behind those every blessings. Glory to God all the more for letting me have and achieve 5 out 19 things on my list.
Year 2010 is a pretty exciting year for me – another year to fulfill another list of things to have and achieve; another year to enjoy and learn from executing my goals. And then on 2011, I can proudly say again that I have achieved some things from my list and give God the glory once again. Until my 2010 List Praise Report!