I can’t help it if I love food. Really.
My comfort, my make-out buddy, my depressant and anti-histamine, could even be my ecstasy, best friend, pen and phone pal (if it were living), my insomnia, and so much more, and they are all one thing – FOOD.
Looking back to my online portfolio, likes and interests, I have figured out that:
- I owned an official food blog way back 2009. It’s inactive now but the entries remind me of my oh so depressing food episodes (I have to eat to be able to write something). See foodboxing.com
- When I was freelancing as an Event Coordinator and Concepts maker, I take very close attention mostly on catering services and am always present to taste tests. (Hihihi!)
- Around 50-60% of the blogs I follow on Tumblr are foodies and 30-40% of my Tumblr reblogs consist of food posts.
- I almost always tag the word “food” on my entries for this site.
- I believe I can’t function well if I don’t eat well. Whatever “well” means to me.
- I am working in a publication mainly focusing on F&B World – a food service industry magazine.
- I own at least ten (10) thick books on the Best Restaurants in the Philippines or in the Metro, recipe books and food magazines.
See, I just can’t help it.
So I’m taking advantage of this time to promote such must-see books about the Best Restos you gotta take your family, partner, friends or whoever to.
Northern Eats and Southern Eats are books about 50 Best Restaurants to discover in the Metro North and South as told by a foodie and travel blogger, Mr. Anton Diaz. He created these two with three criteria:
è They’re NOT COMMERCIALIZED.
è It has a UNIQUE CONCEPT.
è It has an INSPIRING STORY.
Anton mentions during both the Book Launches we have organized for the Eats Book that the very heart of his food and travel adventures as featured in both the books and his site OurAwesomePlanet.com is to showcase things he has well-enjoyed with his family. And I guess, gauging through how the book was put together that this fact is very eminent.
What I love most about these two books is that they aren’t just your typical or stereo-typical resto. It challenges every reader to go for more than the usual fine dining dates or get out of that repetitive home-delivered fast food. It encourages people to explore the Metro in ways they haven’t only by taking a try of those sumptuous dishes, snacks and desserts.
And as you read through, you’ll never imagine it can be found just around Metro Manila.
So I wanna encourage you, readers, to get out there and discover the 50 Best restaurants in the North and South Metro Manila with the Northern Eats and Southern Eats books. Don’t be afraid to unleash that food-madness in your system. A little amount of extra calories every now and then won’t really hurt you that much. So go ahead, grab your copy in the nearest leading bookstore near you! 😀